Boucher Energy Systems, Inc. installs Defender Low Level Carbon Monoxide Monitors.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas that causes thousands of deaths each year. It is a chemical produced from the incomplete burning of natural gas or other products containing carbon. When you breathe in carbon monoxide, the carbon monoxide gas replaces the oxygen in your bloodstream.
The following items may produce carbon monoxide:
- Anything that burns coal, gasoline, kerosene, oil, propane, or wood
- Automobile engines
- Charcoal grills (charcoal should never be burned indoors)
- Indoor and portable heating systems
- Portable propane heaters
- Stoves (indoor and camp stoves)
- Water heater that use natural gas